Re: Re: mic check

Subject: Re: Re: mic check
From: Klas Strandberg <>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 13:49:41 +0200
I wish I did know that! The Shure mic can be good, (same category as EM23)=

or a disaster. It's impossible to tell before you have tried it.
How is the Shure mic powered?? It only says that it is going to be
connected to a "wireless". Does that mean any "wireless" or does it mean a=

"wireless" which provides some voltage, to drive a Shure mic. I am not
familiar with such matters.

Both my R=F6de NT1A make low frequent noise, even "pop's" as soon as it get=
a little cold, and so (even more) does the CAD 179. This is actually in
order! The mic's are made for indoor studio work and cannot!! be reliable
under cold / humid circumstances. (I still wanted to try them, though, as
they are new and untested)

The Shure mic must be an electret, the question is internal noise. That
they claim some self-noise figure doesn't mean a bit. There is so much
lying about this and all manufacturers have to follow.

Klas.

At 09:50 2005-08-30, you wrote:
>Curt Wrote-
>
> >Samson C02s lately -- $120.00 for a pair. Roughly similar size, shape
> >and *published* specs to the wonderful Neumann KM184, which is more
> >than 20x the price. There are specs and then there are specs, of
> >course, but for that price, Samson definitely has me curious. Has
> >anyone here tried the C02s?
>    I second that inquiry, because there has been a flood of budget mics o=
ut
>there these days. Too good to be true, I am thinking, so can anyone on her=
>demystify what's going on here? I would like to hear Klas out on this
>subject, as a maker he knows the corners that are being cut and what it
>means in terms of a quality product.
>    Best,
>  Mark R.

>"Microphones are not ears,