Re: mic check

Subject: Re: mic check
From: Curt Olson <>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 00:11:50 -0500
Mark Griswald wrote:

> I'm looking for a mic to use in a cube array. The 183s don't have the
> same "bang for the buck" after their recent price increase, so I was
> looking for other mics to consider. Price is an issue (since I would
> need four of them) as is physical size (to fit inside the cube).

Mark, have you checked out Sweetwater?

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/WL183/

Rob Danielson wrote:

> And in the $100-$250 a pair range, the small condenser omnis made by
> Octava, Samson, Behringer or Nady could test out to your expectations
> in this application. Only tests will tell.

Interesting you should mention this, Rob. I've been wondering about the
Samson C02s lately -- $120.00 for a pair. Roughly similar size, shape
and *published* specs to the wonderful Neumann KM184, which is more
than 20x the price. There are specs and then there are specs, of
course, but for that price, Samson definitely has me curious. Has
anyone here tried the C02s?

Curt Olson