RE: Sound Designs USBPre

Subject: RE: Sound Designs USBPre
From: "Brian Dasilva" <>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 21:42:11 -0700
The USBpre will record to 24 bit.... But only up to 48k. I really don't use
it for playback much but I've never heard any strange noises from it. What
you read is from a very old review back when the unit first came out. I use
mine to record live music on location and also for audio duties on my
desktop. The mic pre s are quiet and fine. The metering works very well. In
my case the built in 20db pads come in handy on occasion. The problems with
earlier windows versions are easy to overlook because Win98 did not even do
USB until SE and then only when it felt like it. Windows ME was awful for me
and I try to forget it ever happened. I have had no issues using the USBpre
with XP. I use Wavelab and Adobe Audition. The inputs allow flexibility that
make the unit very useful for recording in various situations. It's a great
unit.