Re: Shure 183

Subject: Re: Shure 183
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 12:16:33 -0500
From: "Rich Peet" <>

> Not to corner the market so much as the fact that I fell in love with
> recording techniques that demand many more mics.

I only went by what you said at the time. And it is a misrepresentation
that you bought all those off ebay.

> If I could afford an array of mkh-20's I would love that.  But I do
> have some surround sound stuff done in mkh-110's that is prettty fine.
> With more to follow.

They are good mics.

I could not afford a array of mkh-20's. And trying to get that many off
ebay would probably take the rest of my life (and I still could not
afford it). Took me close to three years to find the good deals I got.

> I will still use the 183's for the surround sound remote controlled
> decoy duck flotilla.  I cann't wait to put that on a CD cover.

If you are making mobile duck decoys, the RC model boat people can help.
You will probably have a problem having enough RC channels if you have
very many of them. I play around with steam models.