Re: Transferring cassettes

Subject: Re: Transferring cassettes
From: "Dale Hoffman" dale40203
Date: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:11 am ((PST))
Thanks Contributors.

Steve - I have a "microphone in" and it's monaural. I will try this
though, as I don't really have any real stereo recordings (except some
music tapes which I was hoping to slip in with the digitization
project).

Matthias - I'll listen for artifacts when I try out the cheap direct
method.

Greg - Yes, I need to get a new recorder (move from tape to digital)
and ability to use it as a transfer recorder might influence my choice
of model.

Mitch - Thanks for the specifics on the PMD-661. I'll look into it.
I'm already a Sweetwater customer.

Dale

BTW, I'm sure most readers here know about it already, but check out
Transom.org - a great field recording (more journalism) community with
in-depth equipment reviews.