Re: Transferring cassettes

Subject: Re: Transferring cassettes
From: "Matthias Eberl"
Date: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:09 pm ((PST))
Just tried it with my Fostex FR2-LE and the Zoom H4n and it works fine. Both
have large
female audio jack connectors build inside their XLR connectors. I went directly
from chinch of
the cassette deck to the large audio jack connectors of the recorders without
changing any
setting, it was just the same like having microphones connected. Zoom H4n was
not able to
level the recording under -6dB though, while the fostex input gain control had
enough room to
level it up and down.

I would not recommend using the PC for recording, as its really
difficult/expensive to
eliminate possible hiss stemming from a ground loop or cheap electronics on
consumer
market soundcards.

Am 10 Feb 2011 um 8:02 hat Dale Hoffman geschrieben: