Transferring cassettes

Subject: Transferring cassettes
From: "Dale Hoffman" dale40203
Date: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:02 am ((PST))
I have not made recordings in a while and have a collection of
cassettes.
I'm considering buying a new digital recorder and resuming recording
activities and wonder if any of these recorders would be suitable for
transferring directly from a cassette deck.
Much advice has been offered through this forum regarding new
equipment for actual recordings, but it would be nice to know if
anyone has had experience using any of this gear for digitizing analog
tapes. I don't want to involve extra equipment attached to my computer
if I don't have to.

Thanks,
Dale Hoffman
Louisville, KY