Re: Transferring cassettes

Subject: Re: Transferring cassettes
From: "Steve Pelikan" pelikan45224
Date: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:55 pm ((PST))
Hi Dale:

The first and easiest thing to try is to connect the cassette recorder's output
to whatever sound card is currently in your computer. (Usually they have at
least a "mic in" jack). I'd try that ,maybe with a free program like Audacity
to do the actual recording, and see if it is good enough for you. My bet is
that it will be.

It'd have to be an amazing tape recorder and recording (is my guess) to
actually show a difference between vanilla sound card and a fancier recorder.

Of course you can do the same thing with a new recorder and if you're going to
start recording again, certainly you'll go digital.

Cheers!
Steve P