Re: Transferring cassettes

Subject: Re: Transferring cassettes
From: "gweddig" gweddig
Date: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:43 am ((PST))
Hi Dale,
This should be fairly easy to do.  The hardest part would likely be coming up
with the right cable adapter between the decks.  The only other thing I can
think of is a small mixer or blackbox may be needed to adjust the "line levels"
between the units, for example professional equipment (+4 dbV) versus consumer
(-10dbV).  I only give the technical data as an example.  All you may have to
do is connect the decks together and voila.

The digital recorder should be ok quality-wise if you use a uncompressed file
format like wav or a lossless compressed format such as flac.  Try to stay away
from mp3.

I hope this helps, I'm sure others will chime in.

--greg weddig
http://gregweddig.net