Re: recording rig advice

Subject: Re: recording rig advice
From: "evs" onomatopoetik
Date: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:14 pm (PDT)
if you have some sound examples i would be happy if you upload them,
if its not too much work!
the idea of a lot of people coming together and record same sounds
with different rigs, that would be great. i=B4m missing a real world
comparison in a lot of professional applications.
not a lot of people do blind tests, a thing i like to do:-)... but on
the other hand, maybe its not just the sound, maybe its a little bit
more, concerning if you like you=B4re equipment as walter knapp says..
I just read the technical specifications on the mbho site. the noise
level of most mics is around 26 to 30 db spl (equivalent SPLrated at
CCIR), which is a little much...
thats interesting to hear about the earthworks. sounds like i don=B4t
have to look after that anymore.
before i read your thread i searched in the naturerecordists archive
after earthworks and stumbled over a KM 183 vs. AT 3032 comparison,
which for sure, amazed me. i mean, these are really cheap mics, (not
suitable for MS), but they sounded allright.
anyone tryd those one or other audio technica mics? i know its what
you pay is what you get, but hearing the AT 3032 in comparison to a
183 makes me insecure about that...
beside that, i don=B4t think i will ever record in a jungle. here we
have no places with great humidity. maybe if i close the bathroom
door and take a shower... but thats not sounding so amazing;-)