Re: recording rig advice

Subject: Re: recording rig advice
From: "Tim Nielsen" supernielsen
Date: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:15 am (PDT)
Rob, am curious what software you're using to look at the
frequencies, are you using a sonogram or a RTA plugin of some kind?

In that recording, I would argue that you could easily roll off below
80k, even sharply, and not miss a thing, getting rid of all the mic
bumps. That one might not have been rolled off, or might already have
been rolled off gently. But I agree that it's pretty hard to handhold
for very quiet sounds, and those bumps aren't probably cables
bumping, but just hand adjustments on the handle that are being
transmitted through the cables.

But with that tree and it's location, to set up a stand would have
been a royal pain, so for me, a less than 100% clean recording is
better than not having got it.

But I'm curious how you're analyzing the sounds, would love to do the
same and have a 'look' inside them.