Re: recording rig advice

Subject: Re: recording rig advice
From: "Walter Knapp" waltknapp
Date: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:46 am (PDT)
Posted by: "Rob Danielson"

> There are some recordists on this list have
> developed ingenious omni-directional mic rigs for
> reverberant field (ambient) recording that are
> well worth looking into. Walt Knapp, Dan Dugan,
> Rich Peet and Curt Olson come quickly to mind.

Before someone gets shortchanged, the modified SASS/MKH-20 I use was
originally a modification of the old Crown SASS that was built for DPA
mics. And it was Lang Elliott that came up with using the MKH-20. I just
got out recording with Lang, liked the mic and worked out how to machine
up the modification. Since then I have machined up more than three dozen
of this design for various folks. But I did not develop it.