Re: mic pre with headphone out

Subject: Re: mic pre with headphone out
From: Rob Danielson <>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 11:06:22 -0500
Walter--
See Inserts into snippets
Rob

  = = =

Walter wrote:

>Since you have Peak, check your plugins under the VST subsection. You
>should find mda image, a free decoder. It looks pretty good, several
>different adjustments available, I just recently noticed it, need to
>record some M/S and see.
>
>If it's not in Peak, you can get it from here:
>http://www.maxim.abel.co.uk/effects.htm

Thanks! MDA Image was in my Logic VST plugs folder but I didn't
realize it did this! Now I can do m-s as I mix and save a step.

>Instructions I saw somewhere on setting the MP-2 up talked about feeding
>it pink noise at a level that just blinked the 16dB LED at full up and
>then setting the DAT to -4 dB on it's meter. Then you were supposed to
>be able to do all adjustments on the MP-2 without fear of clipping the
>DAT. Apparently the MP-2 clips at 20-22 dB. Sound about right?

Hmm.  If the MP-2 clips at +20-22 dB, setting the DAT to -4 dB would
add more headroom to what I'm doing now. Worth looking into. The
limiter would probably need to be changed from the factory setting.
Let you know.