Re: mic pre with headphone out

Subject: Re: mic pre with headphone out
From: Klas Strandberg <>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 17:27:00 +0200
Walt,

apart from Gianni Pavan, who knows what he wants and have some special
wishes, I agree, - I don't really understand the demand for pre-amps. What
do people hope to get? If the pre-amp is perfect, it will not change
anything except the gain!?
It was very different some 20 years ago, when you had to squeeze the best
out of a dynamic microphone. Or now, if you have to handle very strong soun=
pressure levels.

Yes, Rob - Sounddevices use input transformers manufactured by Lunddahl, a
father and a son living nearby my place. Best transformers in the world, no
doupt! That a small Wisconsin company find such quality pieces all the way
from Sweden, really shows their class and consideration! Salut!
(On the other hand I question the use of input transformers, but that is
another debate.)

Klas.