Re: 722 vs MixPre

Subject: Re: 722 vs MixPre
From: "David Michael" wildlifeanalysis
Date: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:23 pm ((PDT))
I just wanted to chime in here and say that I too am using a MixPre with an
FR2-LE (though I would gladly trade for a MP2 with onboard ms decoding ...
anybody?). The MixPre really changed my recording life. Gone are the thin, low
signals of yesteryear.

While a rig using this combo is a little bulky (just a little), the sound
quality is superb - and I can replace my recorder when something cheap and
fancy comes to market. I would not hesitate to recommend this preamp to anyone
looking to upgrade a rig without dropping the bank on a 700 series.