Re: 722 vs MixPre

Subject: Re: 722 vs MixPre
From: "Curt Olson" flipov411
Date: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:13 pm ((PDT))
I made claims about how the FR-2LE compares to SD722. When I made the
following test recording a couple years ago, I was absolutely blown
away. (Yes, class, the dreaded "tick-tock" test is back!)

The first four ticks were recorded with the FR-2LE; second four were
recorded with the SD722. Same mics (AT3032s), same mic placement, full
gain on both recorders, no EQ. Sorry, but I can't recall whether I had
to do any level matching...

24-bit WAV file:
http://www.trackseventeen.com/media/tsp/fr2le-sd722.wav

192kbps MP3: