Re: 722 vs MixPre

Subject: Re: 722 vs MixPre
From: "Curt Olson" flipov411
Date: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:06 pm ((PDT))
David,

Do you really feel that the MixPre is sufficiently better than the
FR-2LE's built-in mic preamps to warrant the hassle? A couple years
ago I did a side-by-side comparison between a SD722 and my FR-2LE, and
could barely discern any difference. The FR-2LE's mic preamps are so
darn good that I suspect you might not be gaining anything worthwhile
for your troubles. At least that's what my experience leads me to think.

I'd be curious to hear some kind of comparison recording between your
MixPre > FR-2LE combination and the FR-2LE by itself, if you're willing.

Curt Olson