Re: 722 vs MixPre

Subject: Re: 722 vs MixPre
From: "Curt Olson" flipov411
Date: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:44 pm ((PDT))
Thank you, David, for pushing back on me here. And also to Rob for his
revealing analysis of my comparison audio clip.

So why does it fall to others to point out my blind spots? I dunno...
I guess that's why they're called "blind spots." (I have some new
stuff to ponder, that's for sure! And it's not just which recorders to
use.)

Anyway, to help the process along, as soon as time permits I'll try to
put together a new set of comparison tests -- this time comparing: 1)
FR-2LE by itself; 2) MixPre (line out) > FR-2LE (line in); 3) MixPre
(tape out) > Zoom H2 (line in); 4) MixPre (tape out) > Hi-MD (line
in); 5) ART Phantom II > Hi-MD (mic in). Last I heard, the SD722 I
used for the previous comparison is tied up on a long-term assignment,
so I probably won't be able to include it in this batch of tests.

Later,

Curt Olson