Re: Kit guidance needed for a newbie...

Subject: Re: Kit guidance needed for a newbie...
From: "Raimund Specht" <>
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 20:02:19 -0000
Dan you wrote:

> The ratio from full-scale to noise level is "dynamic range." S/N
> ratio is usually specified from "operating level" (0 VU), the
average
> level of the program material, not the peak level. But the terms are
> often used imprecisely.

Thanks for that hint. I will correct that accordingly.

> I've been told that the MicroTrack's best noise performance--only
> decent noise performance--is using the TRS inputs with the +27dB
gain
> boost menu setting.

Yes, I experienced that too. But even with the +27dB boost option
activated, the MicroTrack provides a higher self noise level than the
PMD671. Though, the MicroTrack noise performance is still good enough
in conjunction with the Sennheiser K6/MExx series microphones.

Raimund