Re: Kit guidance needed for a newbie...

Subject: Re: Kit guidance needed for a newbie...
From: Rob Danielson <>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 01:00:14 -0600
Lucky for you that 13K stands out so audibly, Rich!  It seems to be
an actual sound-- something I cannot find the source of, possibly
even a transmission. I had everything off, even downstairs, and
everything running on DC. Here's a spectrogram of the clock test
movie that Gianni sent back in November:
http://www.uwm.edu/~type/Mic%20Preamps/MicroTrack_NH900_722Compare2.jpg

Gianni recently asked about some High Hz banding he was seeing with
his NT1A's, so to get a sense of what's inherent my NT1A's, I made
some spectrograms of simultaneous recordings made in a mid-winter
very quiet, remote wood at about 2am. (Way up in the hollow Rich).
The Sennheiser mkh80 is included for comparison.

http://www.uwm.edu/~type/Mic%20Preamps/NT1A_MKH80_Remote2AMPresSpect.jpg

I could not find any significant banding at any frequency including
13K, so this seems to confirm the 13K sound was recorded, not
self-noise. The sample is 3 seconds long and the vertical scale is
0-24KHz.  Rob D.

  =3D =3D =3D

--
Rob Danielson