Re: Kit guidance needed for a newbie...

Subject: Re: Kit guidance needed for a newbie...
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 05:05:47 -0000
--- In  Rob Danielson <> wrote:
> ..
 it is more important to care about where
> >to place the microphone and how to protect it against shock and wind
> >because these factors usually have a much more significant impact on
> >the overall quality of a recording. Rich's and John's hummingbird
> >recordings are good examples for the microphone positioning issue.
> >
> >Regards,
> >Raimund

I agree I botched my humm bird from wind and positioning can't save a
bad windscreen.  But then I had no clue I was going to run into those
guys in those kind of numbers and was actually setup that day for
stereo big dish recording.  Then I went bag diving for equipment when
I saw them.

Some of my playtime this month will be at the sewing machinge
reworking wind protection for this spring for all my mic configurations.

Rich