Re: Phanton power and battery power

Subject: Re: Phanton power and battery power
From: "klangstrand" klangstrand
Date: Wed May 1, 2013 9:26 am ((PDT))
I agree aswell, by all means. But I got the impression we were talking diff=
erent budgets here, than senn mkhs and SD-recorders.
Of course I=B4m not expecting the same clever solutions on a $200 recorder =
compared to a ten times more expensive recorder. My point is there are adva=
ntages and disadvantages to both routes, and that the cheaper route may be =
a good route to investigate first, you might be surprised. Budget-setups ar=
e not all about Zooms and Rodes.
Point is I get recordings on the smaller setup that I would never get with =
the bulkier and more expensive setup, simply because I=B4m bothered bringin=
g it with me and able to set it up quickly And the recordings can come thro=
ugh both more detailed and transparent than lots of fanzier equipment.(Cert=
ain stuff in a league of its own though, like the MKHs)
Different tools for different tasks indeed. For my needs, 80% of my recordi=
ngs are done this way.
-A