Re: Olympus recorder comparisons

Subject: Re: Olympus recorder comparisons
From: "vickipowys" vpowys
Date: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:49 pm ((PST))
Lily,

To add to the confusion there is also an LS5, I have not tried
anything other than LS10, but a friend who had owned LS10 upgraded to
LS11 and found almost no difference.

I believe you can still buy LS10 which was re-released, hopefully
quite cheap to buy.

I have never experienced noticable clicks with pausing on the LS10,
not that I use pause a lot.  I frankly think that is a non-issue for
wildlife sound recording.

Vicki

On 31/12/2012, at 10:20 AM, sandy hall-behrens wrote:

> vicki, thank you. I know you use an LS10.
>
> I didn't realize the LS11 and LS10 were replaced by the LS10s.
> and the LS20 and LS100.
>
> The latter two would work with the AT3032, but I like the
> simplicity of the LS10/11. and I'm considering a mic upgrade with
> mini plug for "binaural" work.
>
> The only review I could find on the LS10s said "Good product but
> that dreaded click (though pretty soft and editable off-line) when
> pausing!"
>
> Do you know about anything about the LS10s.
> And does a click always occur when on pause.
>
> lily
>

> On Dec 30, 2012, at 2:18 PM, vickipowys <>
> wrote:
>
>> Lily,
>>
>> LS10 and LS11 are pretty much the same, LS11 has longer battery life
>> but LS10 is already excellent, 12 hours for a pair of AAs. Both
>> rugged and easy to use. Either should work a treat with some
>> binaural mics. I don't think there is any difference with pre-amp
>> noise between LS10 & 11. You get the best result noise-wise when
>> using low sensitivity and maximum volume (10), rather than high
>> sensitivity and (say) volume 4.
>>
>> Vicki
>>
>> On 31/12/2012, at 7:41 AM, lilyplants wrote:
>>
>>> hello,
>>>
>>> According to my memory someone has a list of recorders which
>>> compares their preamp noise. I'd like information re the
>>> differences among the various Olympus recorders.
>>>
>>> Unfortunately I purchased a recorder I don't like, the Edirol
>>> R-09HR. I wouldn't like it if it were quiet -- too hard to see and
>>> use. I so like the build of LS 10, but had some problem don't