Re: Tascam DR-05 and ME66?

Subject: Re: Tascam DR-05 and ME66?
From: "robin_parmar_sound" robin_parmar_sound
Date: Fri Jul 6, 2012 3:31 pm ((PDT))
Peter Shute wrote:

Using the Avisoft figures, the DR-05 self-noise is at -109dB (A) EIN.   The
Olympus LS-7 / 3 are at -118dB EIN. Compared with these, the LS-5 at -122dB EIN
is about the noisiest end of what I would personally accept. The differences in
the pre-amps should be clearly audible using the Sennheiser ME 66, which is
rated for 10 dB(A) self-noise.

To my mind all of these devices are rather cheap for what they do. A quick
search on eBay finds the base price of the LS-7 at AU$145 and the LS-5 at
AU$230. Me, I'd save up the ninety bucks.

-- Robin Parmar