Re: Tascam DR-05 and ME66?

Subject: Re: Tascam DR-05 and ME66?
From: "John Crockett" naturalcontemplative
Date: Fri Jul 6, 2012 11:40 am ((PDT))
Hi Peter,

Since no one more experienced has chimed in here, I'll just say that I have
been asking the same question. It seems to me that the LS-7 is a better choice
than the DR-05. The LS-7 is not that much more expensive, has that nifty
three-preset timer function, has pretty good internal mics, and has better
preamps (EIN -118dB will work well with the ME66 EIN of -108dB; the DR-05 will
likely add a few dB of noise).

Did you see the comparison at

http://soundcloud.com/marco-pesente/blackcap-m10-d50-ls7-r05-h1

The DR-05 is not represented, but I thought the LS-7 compared pretty favorably
to the D50 in terms of noise and stereo image, considering the substantial
difference in cost. The LS-7 is on my short list of next items to purchase. I
only wish it had a line input. That would make it a perfect little recorder for
me. The PCM-M10 still seems to me to be the best value all around.

Hopefully someone with actual field experience with these recorders can confirm
or contradict.

best wishes,

John

John Crockett