Re: Adobe Flash issues with Mac OSX 10.4

Subject: Re: Adobe Flash issues with Mac OSX 10.4
From: "vickipowys" vpowys
Date: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:29 pm ((PDT))
Hi John, Scott and others,

That was useful information John, many thanks.  I downloaded (again)
Firefox version 3.6.28 and installed it.

But before launching it I disconnected from the internet, which gave
me time to re-set the preferences menu NOT to update automatically
(the default setting was 'automatic').

Running Mac OSX 10.4.11 I can access SoundCloud audio clips via a
flash player with no problem, so I now have two browsers that will
work for SoundCloud (Firefox and Camino).  (But for how long is
another matter!)

Scott, you have suggested that 10.4 indicates I am using G4 or G5
processor, which won't handle anything over 10.5.  I'm not sure if I
have that or not, maybe not?  I have an iMac model 7,1 with 2 GHz
Intel Core 2 Duo.  I could not find any mention of G4 or G5 in the
system profiler.  Does this mean I will be able to upgrade to OS
later than 10.5?

thanks again,

Vicki Powys
Australia