Re: Adobe Flash issues with Mac OSX 10.4

Subject: Re: Adobe Flash issues with Mac OSX 10.4
From: "Scott Fraser" scottbfraser
Date: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:31 am ((PDT))
<<Seems if you don't keep up with upgrades, even if your computer is
working perfectly, some functions will be withdrawn by the forces
'out there'.>>

Apple gradually withdraws older functionality with each new OS release. The=
 current system, 10.7, no longer supports pre-Intel applications. I'm stick=
ing with 10.6 for the moment since a few of my audio apps have never been u=
pdated to work on Intel processors, & run under the Rosetta wrapper on curr=
ent computers.
If you're running 10.4 you must have a G4 or G5 processor &, if I'm not mis=
taken, OS 10.5 is the last system which will run on those machines. It may =
be difficult to find a new copy of 10.5, & even that may not be new enough =
to fix this Firefox issue. Perhaps there is a preference within Firefox all=
owing you to turn off the automatic update feature.
Since my audio business is utterly dependent on Apple computers I find it g=
ood to never get more than a couple years behind the current hardware & sof=
tware release. Upgrading the OS is a simple & straightforward process, & th=
e software guides you through it, but you need to know what older functions=
 might be lost when moving to newer gear.

Scott Fraser