Re: Adobe Flash issues with Mac OSX 10.4

Subject: Re: Adobe Flash issues with Mac OSX 10.4
From: "Scott Fraser" scottbfraser
Date: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:45 am ((PDT))
<<Scott, you have suggested that 10.4 indicates I am using G4 or G5
processor, which won't handle anything over 10.5. I'm not sure if I
have that or not, maybe not? I have an iMac model 7,1 with 2 GHz
Intel Core 2 Duo. I could not find any mention of G4 or G5 in the
system profiler. Does this mean I will be able to upgrade to OS
later than 10.5?>>

No, you have an Intel machine then, not a G4 or G5. My faulty memory was th=
at OS 10.4 had been replaced when the Intel processors replaced PPC process=
ors in Macs. So you can upgrade to a newer system if that has any appeal fo=
r you. I found the move from 10.4 to 10.6 was a significant upgrade with a =
worthwhile boost in functionality. Specifically, a number of newer applicat=
ions & plugins simply won't work on systems prior to 10.6. I seem to recall=
 10.6 costing perhaps $29, though it won't be available in Apple stores any=
more. Perhaps second hand.

Scott Fraser