Re: New here, with question about phantom power rigs

Subject: Re: New here, with question about phantom power rigs
From: "Scott Fraser" scottbfraser
Date: Sat Jul 3, 2010 10:44 am ((PDT))
<< My plan is to used a matched pair of Rode nt1a's. Gonna be a bit
till my cash flow matches my plan though...I was going to try one and
do a mono recording, but it doesn't look like the PCM-M10 can do that.
All external mic references in the manual call for a stereo mic, so I
will just have to wait..
Andy>>

To clarify, a "Matched Pair" of microphones are hand selected by the
manufacturer, chosen on the basis of near identical frequency response
characteristics exceeding those of the normal production run. I don't
believe Rode provides this service for any of their models, & if you
buy your mics individually over a period of time, there's no way they
can be called "matched". This doesn't mean they won't in fact sound
quite nearly identical, providing the tolerances accepted by Rode are
sufficiently tight for that model. It's just that "Matched" has an
actual specific meaning in the pro audio lexicon, & this wouldn't be
that.

Scott Fraser