Re: Do we still love the NT1a?

Subject: Re: Do we still love the NT1a?
From: "Marinos Koutsomichalis" marinoskouts=
omichalis
Date: Wed Sep 9, 2009 9:08 pm ((PDT))

Actually that' s the ones I own, the 873r - I just forgot the r :)

Well,
It' s all a matter of taste after all, right ??

Let me state it otherwise,
If I had both nt1a and u-87i available, I would definitely use the
second one - even though its noise is higher !

the mics I do own, are not that expensive anyway, apart from a
sennheiser 416,
but I do have recorded with lots of expensive microphones...

I do not own a Nt-1a, I have tried it some times for studio and field
work - and it' s a nice mic - but I consider it highly impractical due
to its weight and size for field work, and soundwise less interesting
than other relevant mics - like the U-87i or the AKG 414 - but as I
said they are not in the same price level,

Let aside that,
It s undoubtedly true that the Nt-1a is a unique bargain at its price !