Re: Do we still love the NT1a?

Subject: Re: Do we still love the NT1a?
From: "Marinos Koutsomichalis" marinoskouts=
omichalis
Date: Wed Sep 9, 2009 1:51 pm ((PDT))

Well,=0D

it wouldn' t be fair to make a direct comparison as the Nt1-a is a  =0D
really cheap microphone, and mainly a studio oriented one...=0D
So let me make clear that what I don' t like is not the Nt1-a as a  =0D
microphone, but the Nt1-a as a microphone for natire and wildlife  =0D
recordings...=0D

Anyway,=0D
First of all I don' t like large diaphragm microphones for nature  =0D
recordings, as they tend to colour sound and they are not detailed  =0D
enough in the high end,=0D

I am really satisfied with microphones like the Neumann KM 184, or the
Calrec 1050/1051 (that have a wonderful sound !! , though not hot and
noisy) ..  but of course all of them are more expensive ones,I would  =

even prefer the Nt-4 or the nt-5s over the Nt1-a=0D

Lately what I mainly use for stereo recordings is a pair of Audio  =0D
Technica 873' s - I really like them, and they are quite hot !=0D
and a pair of miniature sennheiser capsuled omni ..=0D

I prefer small diaphragm ones generally - well I' ve worked with the  =0D
U-87s on some projects and really love them - but never took them out
of the studio !=0D

and as far as noise is concerned=0D
well first comes quality to me and then noise,=0D
I try not to boost too much quiet environments anyway, I just record  =0D
them as quiet as they actually are, and then play them back in the  =0D
proper level..=0D

On 09 =CE=A3=CE=B5=CF=80 2009, at 7:34 =CE=BC.=CE=BC., hartogj wrote:=0D