Re: Do we still love the NT1a?

Subject: Re: Do we still love the NT1a?
From: "David Michael" wildlifeanalysis
Date: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:38 am ((PDT))
Thanks for all the responses.

Considering that the cost of a matched pair is about $400, the NT1a
still seem like an amazing bargain - even given some of the
short-comings mentioned.

I wonder if I could pose another question ...
I am going to be doing some recording in the Amazon this November (for
which I wanted to get an extra pair of mics). Are there any other
budget mics with a very low noise floor that are more inherently
resilient to humidity than the NT1a? Or should I perhaps just get a
pair and test them ruthlessly until November, sending back the duds to
Rode until I find the sweet spot?

The microphones I want to get are going to supplement a Sennheiser
30/40 M/S pair for use in surround recordings.

Thanks again!
David