Re: Soundscape MP3's

Subject: Re: Soundscape MP3's
From: "Raimund Specht" animalsounds
Date: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:10 am ((PDT))
Kevin Colver <> wrote:

> I've posted two related podcasts at www.7Loons.com:
>
> Lincoln's Sparrow, at the same location as Klas' recording but on the =

> next day, done with a Sony PCM D1 using the built in XY configuration =

> mics -
>
> http://www.7loons.com/Soundscapes_for_Birders/Soundscape_for_Birders%3A_P=
odcasts/Entries/2009/7/5_Lincoln
> 's_Sparrow_at_Grand_Teton_National_Park%2C_WY.html

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for posting the Sony PCM-D1 recording, which reminded me that the So=
ny PCM-Dxx series recorders have remarkably quiet internal mics compared to=
 the other pocket recorders that are currently on the market. I own the les=
s expensive model PCM-D50, which I believe comes with the same internal mic=
rophones that are specified with a self noise level of 20 dB(A) only.

Regards,
Raimund