Re: Soundscape MP3's

Subject: Re: Soundscape MP3's
From: "Kevin Colver" kjcolver
Date: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:31 pm ((PDT))
Rob,
The two recordings side by side were very instructive.  Thank you for
that effort.  The MurieMike has a brighter sound and accentuates the
mid and higher frequencies.  The MKH 30/40 pair bring in the deep
sounds of the distant river roar and the higher frequencies are
present but not accentuated.

We have discussed in this group previously how the MKH mics pick up
the low frequencies that the human ear doesn't seem to notice on site
but that are so obvious when played back in the studio.  Recordings
with the MKH set sometimes require a lowering of the base to sound
more balanced with playback.  Sometimes, however, the rumble is
awesome, as in thunder, roaring waves, or gurgling geysers.

Kevin

www.7Loons.com

On Jul 11, 2009, at 9:23 PM, Rob Danielson wrote:

> Fixing the link to the comparison movie and mp3:
>

> >Hi Kevin & Klas--
> >Thanks for sharing the samples, fellows. I took
> >Klas's Two Ocean's_Lake_Short.mp3 and Kevin's Two
> >Oceans Lake, WY 090623.mp3 and cut back & forth
> >between them on a movie timeline. Not scientific
> >but it could help make some of the differences in
> >the micing systems more evident. Rob D.
> >
> ><https://pantherfile.uwm.edu/type/public/media/KlasBinaural_Kevn>https:/=
/pantherfile.uwm.edu/type/public/media/KlasBinaural_Kevn'sM-S_Sor3LrgSz.mov