Re: Anyone recording "family ambience"?

Subject: Re: Anyone recording "family ambience"?
From: "John Tudor" jtudor2005
Date: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:53 am ((PDT))
I do a lot of family history research. One of the things that keeps
cropping up is 'if only we'd asked them when they were still around'
type comments. Oral history recording is very popular among
genealogist researchers. Not just for the actual 'history' but for the
intonations and background sounds of the time. In many years to come,
descendants of the recorded voices will be able to hear their
ancestors own words. It's a bit more demanding to sit through than
watching a video of the same thing though.

I know of a group of 'old folks' in an Adelaide nursing home that get
together one day a week and talk about their memories. Some one
records and then transcribes the stories for furure reference.

So, as far as the original post subject goes, i think these sort of
recordings are very valuable.

John