Re: Anyone recording "family ambience"?

Subject: Re: Anyone recording "family ambience"?
From: "Scott Fraser" scottbfraser
Date: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:15 am ((PDT))
<<Doubt it would be of interest to others though.>>

Depends on how compelling the content. Some years ago I was given a
cassette to clean up & transfer to CD for the client's family. It
consisted on an evening long dialog between family members & the
family matriarch, then extremely elderly. She described her past,
which was from an aristocratic Jewish family in Russia, forced to
give up all their property & flee one of several anti-Jewish pogroms
of the waning czarist era. Smuggled out of country as a young girl,
she arrived penniless, speaking no English, in New York at the
beginning of the 20th century. I knew none of the individuals in the
discussion, yet I found it one of more fascinating audio assignments
I've had in 35 years in the profession.
I just wish I'd had tape running during some of my grandfather's one
on one disquisitions on his World War I experiences.

Scott Fraser