Re: mkh-8020

Subject: Re: mkh-8020
From: "Tim Nielsen" supernielsen
Date: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:40 am ((PST))
I think they didn't make an 8030 because the point of this series, the
80x0 is the 60kHz sampling rate, and it's not possible I believe to
make a figure 8 go that high. Even the MKH30 and Schoeps Figure 8 roll
off at about 17k, so it must be some physical limitation of a figure 8
design? It would be nice though to have a matched figure 8.

My friend has a pair of MKH8020s (he's on the list, he may respond)
and said they sound amazing.

I see that audiolines is selling a stereo set for about 2k with the
XLR bodies.