Re: mkh-8020

Subject: Re: mkh-8020
From: "Aaron Ximm" aaron_gmail
Date: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:14 am ((PST))
Heya Rob,

I've used an MKH40/8i0 in M-S for three years hoping to land another,
> used MKH80.  Presently, I'm more excited about the spatiality of
> 2-Rode NT2000's in a head-spaced, baffled rig (like Curt's) than the
> more expensive M-S combo.

I actually keep my eyes peeled for a used jecklin style disk (or similar) o=
places like Taperssection, every once in a while one pops up; I'm ashamed t=
admit I don't have the bandwidth (or chops) to fabricate one myself at the
moment... and then find a stereo bar for mounting all three pieces. :)
Shoot, I just realized I should have come by for a visit when we were in MK=
over xmas... though the weather wasn't so partial to a night in the field.
:)  But I do love the slushy waves down on the lake michigan...

Another approach I want to try is very widely spaced A-B omni, I was talkin=
about this with Andrew Roth and he is a big fan... he also told me has done
a fair amount of recording with spaced tripods without any wind shielding
when the conditions were good, which was inspiring to hear is possible with
persistence... :) I thought about taking kit to do this on my trip in
November to Venice, but in the end couldn't bring myself to lug two tripods
on a plane -- or to make my wife stand [silent] guard on one tripod in St
Mark's Square... ;D

 aaron

--

 quietamerican.org