Re: V2.0 good reason for a 702 instead of 722 ... (?)

Subject: Re: V2.0 good reason for a 702 instead of 722 ... (?)
From: "Tim Nielsen" supernielsen
Date: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:21 am (PDT)
Although I'm thinking you're meaning 'in the field' as in 'moving',
in which case I'll totally agree. I was thinking of the firewire more
for backing up to later, not as a simultaneous record media, like you
would use it with a 722.

Almost no hard drives are designed to be used while moving. So the
722 has picked they say the best one they could find for use in that
scenario. But I agree, that a portable firewire drive, if carried
around while running, is a bad idea.

But since the 722 or 702 won't supply bus powering anyway, and bus
powered firewire devices will only work with the 722 power adaptor
being used, you probably wouldn't be using it while carrying it anyway.

I expect I'll replace my hard drives at the three year marks in my
Message: 722s.
Subject: But I'll talk to Sound Devices and make sure I buy the same
make and model if possible that they're using, since they did lots of
testing to find the one with best resistance to shock, etc.