Re: Sony software strikes again

Subject: Re: Sony software strikes again
From: "el_supremo01"
Date: Tue May 16, 2006 0:17pm(PDT)
> I sent an email and received a reply saying that the problem was too
> complex to handle via email and they gave me the toll-free number to
> call. So we'll see how it goes tomorrow.

I've just got off the phone. I won't bore you with the aggravating
details but after three phone calls the short answer is that Sony
can't recover deleted tracks from a minidisc. I still find that hard
to believe but I got it from two different people at Sony USA.

I'm an amateur recordist so in the great scheme of things I can
survive the aggravation. I still had a good weekend at Anglin Lake
anyway. But if I was a professional and lost something like 3 hours of
recording I'd be ready to spit nails at every Sony employee from the
company's president on down.

So, my advice to you good folks is:
- if you don't already own a Sony minidisc recorder, you're lucky,
look for something else.

- if you already own one, always transfer the audio one group of
tracks at a time so that if Sonicstage goes insane it might only blow
away that one group instead of everything on the disc. (I highlighted
all 7 groups and told it to transfer them to the computer - it only
did the first group and then deleted all 7 from the minidisc).

Pete