Sony software strikes again

Subject: Sony software strikes again
From: "el_supremo01"
Date: Sun May 14, 2006 5:46pm(PDT)
I was at Anglin Lake, Sask, this weekend and made several recordings
of the wonderful silence punctuated only by bird calls, particularly
Common Loons and Evening Grosbeaks. When I got back home this evening
I had seven folders each with several tracks. I highlighted all the
folders and told Sonicstage to transfer them all to the computer. A
few minutes later I started transferring my photos from compactflash
cards to the computer but by mistake told it to use the drive that the
MZ-NH900 was using at the time. My program said the drive wasn't
accessible and, realizing my mistake, told it to use the correct
drive. I later realized that Sonicstage had stopped transferring files
so I checked it. It had transferred part of the first folder and
stopped but had deleted *all* seven folders from the recorder. I'm
using the latest version of SS which lets you transfer Hi-MD files as
many times as you like but it has deleted them all even though it
hasn't transferred them.
I disconnected the drive and put it back in againand looked at the
drive with Windows Explorer and it does appear to have wiped
essentially everything off the disk.
Is there any way to recover deleted Hi-MD files??

Pete