RE: mystery bird

Subject: RE: mystery bird
From: "Martyn Stewart" <>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 08:29:57 -0700
OK, Things like this bug the hell out of me so I did a little file
comparisons while the wife was snoring in bed. Here goes'

On the webpage I filtered out Mark's recordings to get rid of the plane and
traffic noises and compared his recordings to my California recordings.
I gotta admit, they are a close call but I'm swaying (As maybe Kevin is?)
that this is a song sparrow showing off his various vocal variations. On th=
website I did a couple of spectrograms too. I would call this a song
sparrow.

Hope this helps a little :)

http://www.naturesound.org/mark_fisher.htm

Martyn
I will leave this up for a few days:

Martyn Stewart
Bird and Animal Sounds Digitally Recorded at:
http://www.naturesound.org
Redmond. Washington. USA
N47.65543=A0=A0 W121.98428

e-mail: