Re: mystery bird

Subject: Re: mystery bird
From: "Mark Fischer" <>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 03:41:50 -0000
Evening,

--- In  Charles Bragg
> I wish I could hear a bit more of the file too. This song is not the
Well, it just so happens:

http://aguasonic.com/Sounds/levee_bird3.mp3

> rating of Bewick's is based on the wren-like delicacy (compared to
> Song Sparrow), and the enormous variation in Bewick's calls compared
If it helps- from the glimpses I've been able to catch he's a small
brown bird, pretty shy about being seen. Singing in Thule grass at the
water's edge. Found nowhere else, here on the island. By the time it
gets light enough to see, he's done singing, and pretty much gone as
far as actually being able to see one- which is almost thrush-like
with the shyness. Does that help?

Kind of ties into the anthopogenic source thread that was going, also.
Trying to find three minutes without a jet going overhead in the early
morning hours is almost impossible, even though I'm 50 miles from SFO
and OAK, to my south and east.

I considered the possibility that there are two birds, but if that
were the case, there would be the occasional overlap, one would think.
That never happens, at least on the recordings I have here.

Anxious to hear what you think, with this additional soundtrack,

Mark
~~~~