Re: preamps

Subject: Re: preamps
From: Klas Strandberg <>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 13:03:52 +0200
No EM23 has been made phantom powered and with a 200 ohms output impedance,=

so such a test is not possible.
The EM23 is made for Walkman type recorders and Plug In Power. It is a
quite ordinary omni, but can be made very small, reliable and with a low
self-noise.

With the FET-IC that I use, running on 1,5 volts and a drain resistor of
2,2 kOhms - the measured self-noise is typ. 13-14 db(A)

Klas.