American Woodcock

Subject: American Woodcock
From: David Martin <>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 21:54:54 -0400
Hello all --

Recording Woodcock is one of my goals for early spring this year, and last=

weekend I managed to get close.  What made me happiest was the fact that I=

got the tuko call and the flight in addition to the peent.  The tuko is a
very quiet, two-syllable call heard on the breeding ground.  It's only
audible a few meters from the bird.  If you listen to my clip, be aware
that the peent is about 27 dB louder than the tuko.

Here's the link to the tuko and peent.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze78my5/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/wood=
cockampeenttuko01.mp3

Here's the link to the flight sounds.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze78my5/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/wood=
cockamflight03a.mp3

Only a couple of  calls to go before I have the bird's repertoire.

David