Re: mirror drives

Subject: Re: mirror drives
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 14:44:02 -0500
From: Lang Elliott <>

> Thanks Walt. Please do test. Mine does not copy comments. I e-mailed Intego
> yesterday, but haven't heard back yet.

The clone I did also did not copy comments. I suspect Apple is either
putting those comments into the disk directory structure (where they
would not be a file, and therefore not copied), or even into one of the
extra small partitions that OSX makes. It will be interesting if Intego
can shed any light on it, I knew how the mac OS stored comments, and it
was in the desktop files. (the file comments in the OS 9 side of my disk
were preserved, btw)

Putting anything in those comments has always been risky. Personally I'd
suggest not doing that. The systems folks obviously have considered that
space to be for temporary comments. It has a very mixed history of how
well they were protected.