Re: mirror drives

Subject: Re: mirror drives
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 02:25:59 -0000
For the rest of the story. Here is what I ended up with.
Keep in mind I have no time for shopping right now and went full boat
retail on costs.

I bought a no fan 2.5" hard drive aluminum enclosure that will power
off of USB2 or external 5v. Cost for pocket sized case. 2 screws to
remove or replace the drive. $40.00.
http://www.startech.com/ststore/itemdetail.cfm?ProductID=IDECASE25U2

For the drive, a 100gb 2.5" Seagate, 5400 RPM Ultra ATA/100 8mb
cache. Advertised as "Engineered for silence, features a state-of-the-
art, ultra-quiet motor with specs under 26db". Whatever that means I
am not sure, but it is very very quiet and considering this fits in
your shirt pocket it is amazing. Price $200.

I partitioned for 2 50g drives. One for backup of "stuff", the other
to attempt a mirror.  I am still searching for the best software but
think I will try Norton Ghost for the mirror partition and see if the
drive I need mirrored will actually work with it.

Rich