Re: Digest Number 1557

Subject: Re: Digest Number 1557
From: Marty Michener <>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 11:52:23 -0500
Dear Terry:

I posted a "self-noise" white noise comparison, by frequency domain, on my
web site and referenced to this group in June 2003. The mics were
Sennheiser ME-67s.  This is a much researched and perhaps overly-discussed
issue - - - it always comes down to this: get the lowest self-noise mic you
can possibly afford, and get as close as possible.  Walt is right.

Please see  http://www.enjoybirds.com/howitworks/micCompare.htm

best regards, Marty