RE: Minidisk data transfer and bat recordings

Subject: RE: Minidisk data transfer and bat recordings
From: "Graham M Smith" <>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 22:34:56 -0000
> > > All may change when the new Hi-MD decks arrive in April,
> >
> > Yes, but too late, and 7hrs isn't really that much more useful than 5,
>
> Ah, but that's 7-8 hours of SP, or 17 hours of LP2, or 35 hours of LP4...
> with the latter being subjectively judged about equal to 128 kbps MP3
> which might be sufficient for your needs?

Yes, I hadn't actually looked at the spec until after I had replied to you =
-
it does indeed look very good for what I want, and 17hrs would be perfect
even for the longest night, so I could get away with LP2.

> > > The package I use, Samplitude, has a feature that *may* work like thi=
> >
> > My gut feeling is that the signals that we are picking up are noisy and
> > variable, so this probably wouldn't work very well. But useful to know
> > about. and we r
>
> Definitely give it a try, even if you had to build a library of half a
> dozen examples and search for each individually I think it would save
> loads of time!

Yes, I will check it out before we start the next round of survey work.

Thanks for the useful pointers.

Graham