Re: Mystery Frog

Subject: Re: Mystery Frog
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 00:04:17 -0400
Martyn Stewart wrote:
> <I love sympatry, because it means that the new species has found a new
> niche - a new way to exploit the resources in the area. The new species
> necessarily is a "renegade" that no longer follows the rules of the
> species
> from which it arose - evolution in action!
>
> Great stuff, Walt!
>
> (Sorry for the biology lesson, it's just I find this sort of thing very,
>
> very exciting!)>
>  No, keep it up Doug, I love it mate, makes it more enjoyable for people
> like me who hate all the  ("Attrac gets no respect" crap) I find all
> this fascinating, I absolutely love the passion that you blokes put into
> what you love :-)

You should see the looks I get sometimes when I start talking in glowing
terms about the latest swamp I've enjoyed. Hard to convey just how much
I love getting out and being ripped by the vegetation, threatened by the
wildlife, getting covered in smelly mud, contributing my quota of blood
to the well being of certain insects...

There is a real joy in knowing what's there like old friends. I don't
think I can ever find out enough. I've spent my whole life doing this as
much as I can.

I'm off for more grand fun tomorrow!